Have you been looking for information on Degree Requirements and Wyoming Park Ranger Training so that you can expedite getting a job in the field? You’ve come to the right place.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Wyoming is a magnificent state with lovely state parks and historic sites to be managed by park rangers. Park rangers ensure that visitors stay protected and safe when experiencing the natural places that are popular while effecting minimal environmental impact.
Wyoming Park Ranger Job Duties
Working through Wyoming State Parks, Trails and Historic Sites, park rangers perform several significant job functions, such as the following:
- Supplying advice and public support
- Enforcement of state laws, in addition to park rules, regulations and legislative acts
- Investigation of injuries and offenses which have happened on land managed by Wyoming State Parks, Trails and Historic Sites
Wyoming Park Ranger Education
Education and Expertise for Wyoming Park Ranger – The most essential background for park ranger work in Wyoming is a Bachelor’s degree. It is preferred to have your degree in a discipline that is related to the work, such as one of the following:
- Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice
Applicants who do not hold a Bachelor’s degree can fill this demand in a discipline with increasing responsibility, associated with security.
Having a qualifying degree can open up doors for federal employment in national parks.
Besides instruction, applicants will also be required to comply with a couple of other minimal park ranger conditions:
- Be a high school equivalent or grad
- Not happen to be convicted of a crime punishable with a prison or jail sentence
- Have a driver’s license that is legal
Related to Historic Sites, Wyoming State Parks and Trails – Applications may be submitted online through the park ranger job statement. Candidates can request to be notified when park ranger jobs become available whether or not there are current vacancies.
Applicants that are chosen to advance in the hiring procedure will benefit greatly from having a strong interview and having their background investigation disclose a good and consistent moral character.
Wyoming Park Ranger Training
Before beginning training, park rangers should complete the following:
- Medical examination
- Psychological evaluations
- (physical fitness test) One minute of sit-ups
- (physical fitness test) One minute of push-ups
- (physical fitness test) 12-minute walk/run
Get score that is 70% or better on a test covering fundamental:
- Reading Comprehension
Certification as a law enforcement officer must be achieved within one year of employment, and nominees likewise have the alternative of attending the state’s law enforcement training school ahead of employment without agency sponsorship. Training in the school occurs in Douglas, Wyoming.
- Patrol processes
- Traffic control
- Enforcement techniques and processes
- Firearms training
- Fitness, wellness, and security
After graduation and becoming certified peace officers, more unique park ranger training will take place and range from the following:
- Rescues involving water
- Wildland survival and rescuing
- Technical rescue at high angle
- Habitat restoration
- Wilderness CPR and first aid
- Capture, saving, and release of animals
Park Ranger Job Opportunities with the National Park Service in Wyoming
National park ranger occupations certainly are a feasible choice to think about in Wyoming. These are through the National Parks Service and are totally distinct at the state level than the federal level.
While national park rangers play the same function as their state co-workers, they’re also focused on handling national territories.
Applications for park ranger positions might be completed with all the minimal qualifications for all these occupations such as the following important criteria:
- Having a legal driver’s license
- Having a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline associated with the park ranger’s specialty. This requirement can often be replaced by the following:
- A year of work experience that is specialized
- A blend of schooling as well as work experience
National park rangers who focus on law enforcement should acquire additional training before being hired through the Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program (SLETP).
Salary Information for Park Rangers in Wyoming
Park Rangers in Wyoming take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting the land of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average Park Ranger in the state of Wyoming makes a median salary of $57,650 per year.
Park Ranger Programs and Schools in Wyoming
(It’s fast and free!)
Choose your area of study and receive free information about programs you are interested in. Park rangers are responsible for protecting our parks and wilderness areas as well as guiding and educating the public. These duties are the same across the local, state, and national levels. Park rangers pursue degrees related to parks and recreation, environmental science, as well as law enforcement and criminal justice.