Wildlife Ecology and Management Degree for Park Ranger provides you the comprehensive study of animal populations and how they relate to land management decisions.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
A Bachelor Degree in Wildlife Ecology and Management (for Park Ranger) will offer you the opportunity to develop a firm foundation in basic science that will include biology and chemistry, while enhancing your knowledge of such critical areas as management, restoration, and conservation of wildlife. A Wildlife Ecology and Management Degree serves as a logical starting point for your career as a Park Ranger.
Subjects Studied within Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Introduction to biotechnology
- Land measurements and GPS
- Introduction to Genomics
- Wildlife habitat
- Landscapes and ecosystems
- Forest ecology
- Field ornithology
- Vegetation of North America
- Natural resource policy
- The natural resources professional
- Field techniques
You will also gain invaluable knowledge with regards to the following topics:
- Bolster private landowners in managing their lands in ecologically conscious ways.
- Offer technology, training, and information in order to minimize damaging effects of wild animals on human health and safety and crops.
- Collaborate with conservation organizations, as well as natural resource management agencies.
- Promote and enhance the importance of wildlife resources on economy, quality of life, and outdoor recreation.
- Facilitate youth education programs to enhance awareness of wildlife resources and important management.