Are you interested in information that is helpful for Montana Park Ranger Training and Degree Requirements in order to further your career? We have compiled this information for you.
Montana is a beautiful state with lots of natural splendor, which makes it an excellent spot to act in the capacity of park ranger.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
The obligations for a Montana park ranger (state) extend beyond applying park laws and the patrol of state parks. These responsibilities that are significant include the following and more:
- Visitor services
- Care of facilities at parks
- Management of resources
- Collection of fees
- Patrolling fishing areas for fee and rule conformity
- Supplying visitor info
- Planning and coordination of interpretive programs
Fulfilling Requirements for Park Ranger Montana
Aspiring park rangers should conform to these requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree through an approved four-year university/college
- Experience of 1-2 years in an area that is highly relevant
- Capable of effectively utilizing Excel, the web, and Microsoft Word
- Open to working holidays and weekends
- Familiarity with typical interpretive practices/principles
- Familiarity with outdoor or park recreation direction/administration
- Power to remit and collect user fees
- Adept at functioning in hot temperatures and extreme cold
Each year of school/college will equate to 3 months of expertise.
Training – Among the best methods to meet the qualification for experience is to finish the training program for law enforcement through the National Park Association. This program (three-hundred hours) is provided all over the United States through various facilities.
Successful conclusion of training requirements involves a clean background investigation and medical/drug screening.
Becoming a Montana Park Ranger
The initial task would be to submit the supplementary form, as well as an application. Present opportunities (and their application forms) can be found on the Fish, Wildlife and Parks website.
The application process will include:
- Structured interview
- History/background investigation
- Written knowledge test that is general
- Training experiential-on-the-job
Montana is proud of its two amazing and well-known national parks: Glacier and Yellowstone (with Wyoming). Federal game wardens protect national parks.
“Big Sky Country” contains seven state forests and 44 state parks that occupy the focus of state park rangers throughout winter and summer. Some of the popular parks in Montana comprise the following:
- Makoshika – Situated outside Glendive.
- Natural Bridge – The natural sandstone bridge close to the Red River gorge geological region.
- Flathead Lake – Montana’s biggest lake region includes five state parks that are distinct.
- Bannack – The best-kept ghost town in the state, located in Dillon.
- Lewis & Clark Cavern – Among the very critical northwest limestone caverns, you will find columns, stalagmites, and stalactites. There’s also an unbelievable tour (guided) of the caverns (lasting two miles).
- First People’s Buffalo Jump – features, near Great Falls, an ancient Native American buffalo jump site called Ulm Pishkun. Park rangers offer interpretive programs regarding the significance to buffalo jumps.
Salary Information for Park Rangers in Montana
Park Rangers in Montana take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting the land of Montana. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average Park Ranger in the state of Montana makes a median salary of $53,700 per year.
Schooling Information for Park Rangers in Montana
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics