When looking for information on how to work as park ranger in Arizona, keep in mind the Arizona Park Ranger Training and Degree Requirements. Here, we have compiled a lot of relevant information to help you on your path.
Park Rangers in Arizona possess the specific responsibility for protecting and maintaining up to 30 state parks and natural places through the state. Arizona state parks have many needs and are varied.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Fundamental Duties of Park Rangers in Arizona
- Helping injured or missing hikers
- Provide exceptional customer service, socializing with park guests
- Offering visitors advice
- Conduct tours
- Being/working outside and caring for nature
- Collecting environmental data on plant and wildlife populations
- Performing firefighting responsibilities and law enforcement, including collecting use license fees and gear sales, and performing property care
- Educating people about area
One of the prominent landmarks of Arizona is:
- Kartchner Caverns State park has an enormous and beautiful limestone cavern.
The Arizona Park Ranger and the National Parks Service
- They need to keep a present state-issued driver’s license.
- They have to pass a medical/physical examination, which includes having the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Some park ranger work in the state of Arizona will mandate that people hold a certification. The certificate prerequisites for Peace Officer are:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have the ability to pass background check free of felony convictions
- Must submit to polygraph assessment
- When hired for law enforcement jobs, Arizona’s Park Rangers must finish a 17-week basic training school.
Degree Alternatives to act as a Park Ranger in Arizona
The state of Arizona doesn’t have minimal education requirements delegated to park ranger places. But remember, when it comes to employment opportunities and future career advancement it is important to achieve some level of higher education.
Here are a few related majors to contemplate:
- Parks and Rec.
- Natural science
- Criminal Justice
Those people who are brought to park ranger professions can consider trying to get places using the U.S. National Park Service in Arizona.
While precise requirements may change somewhat, with respect to the locations, national park rangers must fulfill the following conditions:
- U.S. citizenship
- Ability to pass security investigation/background check
- Must possess or have the capacity to get yourself a state issued driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment medical exam and medicine screening
Moreover, national park rangers have to stick to specialized expertise and instruction prerequisites. Generally, these demands include the following:
Will be asked to have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; a minimum of a single year of graduate work associated with work experience is preferred.
Specialized expertise that presents abilities and relevant wisdom, including work as software specialist or teacher, a park guide, conservation work, preservation or forestry expert, or work as law enforcement officer.
A mix of expertise and instruction. The PEB tests the following:
- Test of body fate percentage
Park Rangers for County Parks and Arizona Cities
Arizona comes with an on-going dependence on park rangers on the national and state level, not simply on the local level.
Park Rangers in city of Phoenix are acknowledged in the United States as some of the more advanced urban park rangers. Park rangers manage 35,000 acres of desert mountain parks and preserves while conserving the land and managing natural resources. These top-notch rangers offer law enforcement support and oversight.
City of Phoenix park rangers possess a distinctive selection of responsibilities:
- Supervising volunteers
- Special occasions
- Hiking patrol
- General care
- Trail building
- Environmental education
Salary Information for Park Rangers in Arizona
Park Rangers in Arizona take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting the land of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average Park Ranger in the state of Arizona make a median salary of $56,490 per year.
Schooling Information for Park Rangers in Arizona
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- BSCJ – Law Enforcement
- BSCJ – Juvenile Justice
- BSCJ – Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Forensic Psychology
- BSCJ – Crime Scene Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Corrections
- MSCJ - Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Law
- MSCJ - Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- BS in Corrections
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security with concentration in Secure Programming
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice - Criminalistics
- BA: Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics