Wildlife Ecology and Management Degree for Park Ranger provides you the comprehensive study of animal populations and how they relate to land management decisions.
A Bachelor Degree in Wildlife Ecology and Management (for Park Ranger) will offer you the opportunity to develop a firm foundation in basic science that will include biology and chemistry, while enhancing your knowledge of such critical areas as management, restoration, and conservation of wildlife. A Wildlife Ecology and Management Degree serves as a logical starting point for your career as a Park Ranger.
Subjects Studied within Wildlife Ecology and Management
- Introduction to biotechnology
- Land measurements and GPS
- Introduction to Genomics
- Wildlife habitat
- Landscapes and ecosystems
- Forest ecology
- Field ornithology
- Vegetation of North America
- Natural resource policy
- The natural resources professional
- Field techniques
You will also gain invaluable knowledge with regards to the following topics:
- Empower private landowners to manage their land in ecologically conscious ways.
- Provide information, technology and training in order to minimize the negative impact of wild animals on crops and human health and safety.
- Collaborate with natural resource management agencies and conservation organizations.
- Promote and enhance the importance of wildlife resources on economy, quality of life, and outdoor recreation.
- Facilitate youth education programs to improve public awareness of wildlife resources and their management.