Are you interested in gaining more information about Tennessee Park Ranger Training and Degree Requirements in order to further your career? We have compiled some helpful information for you here.
Tennessee has many amazing natural wonders, most namely the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, the most visited national park in the nation.
Nominees considering learning the best way to eventually become a park ranger in Tennessee can start the procedure through reviewing the essential hiring conditions for the places that are available. You can find typically more than 200 active park rangers at any particular time in Tennessee.
Becoming a Park Ranger with Tennessee State Parks
Bachelor’s Degree and Additional Requirements
Park rangers must hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree as a fundamental prerequisite for employment.
There are special majors that have become important to this type of work, though a Bachelor’s degree in just about any major will satisfy the education requirement for being a park ranger:
- Criminal Justice
Another significant park ranger conditions for employment are:
- Don’t have any felony convictions
- Have an honorable discharge in the military, if appropriate
- Be a US citizen who is at least 21-years-old
Applications for Tennessee park ranger occupations are completed online through the state’s Department of Human Resources. The application procedure can start by seeking among current job openings for park ranger positions that are vacant. You might be in a position to register to be notified when these occupations become available whether or not there are any posted vacancies for applicants at the moment.
Once an application is considered strong and is established to fulfill the minimum qualifications, the nominee will likely be reached to continue with the hiring procedure, which includes these elements:
- Background investigation that is extensive
- Fingerprint test
- Physical exam that is medical
- Evaluation that is psychological
Once the candidate has been hired, she or he will start an intensive park ranger training class at the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy. Subjects covered will range from these significant areas:
- Self defense
- Firearms training
- Crime scene investigation
- Report writing
- Chain of command
- Defensive driving
Upon graduation from your school, you will be prepared to work at any of Tennessee’s 54 State Parks.
Tennessee Federal Park Rangers
Employment as a national park ranger using the National Parks Service is just another alternative for nominees that have an interest in employment as a ranger in Tennessee. Though the hiring procedure and the minimum conditions are much like state-level occupations, there really are a couple of noteworthy differences:
- Applicants for these positions will need to have either a related Bachelor’s degree, such as among those recorded for state-level employment, or possess at least just one year of work experience that is pertinent and specialized. A mixture of specialized work schooling, as well as experience, also can be appropriate.
- An application for federal employment as a park ranger using the National Parks Service may be completed online through the USA Jobs website.
There are 14 significant nationwide-designated sites in Tennessee that contain rivers, national battle fields, graveyards, and a lot of picturesque trails. National park rangers are granted the obligation of protecting these places when desired, while helping their state co-workers. Moreover, federal park rangers help handle national websites which include the Great Smoky Mountains.
Salary Information for Park Rangers in Tennessee
Park Rangers in Tennessee take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting the land of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average Park Ranger in the state of Tennessee makes a median salary of $56,090 per year.
Schooling Information for Park Rangers in Tennessee
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services / Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Policy Analysis
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Master of Science in Criminal/Social Justice
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- AA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice - Criminalistics Specialization
- BA in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Specialization
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics