Are you interested in gaining more information about Nevada Park Ranger Training and Degree Requirements in order to further your career? We have compiled the right information for you.
In addition to a national park, there are 24 state parks in Nevada that need numerous full time, part time and seasonal rangers on a basis that is consistent. This provides chance for those that choose to continue a vocation as a park ranger in Nevada.
A few of the Nevada State Parks that are most popular will be the following:
- The northeast coasts of the 21-mile-long lake include six management units (sub-parks) totaling 14,301 acres
- Valley of Fire – found 55 miles from Las Vegas
- Mormon Station State Historic Park – in town of Genoa
- Cathedral Gorge – found in central eastern Nevada
Conditions for Nevada Park Ranger
Basic– These requirements must be met for full time employment as a park ranger in Nevada state parks:
- Four-year college degree in diversion or a natural resource -related subject
- Great physical state
- Exceptional written communication abilities and oral
- Legal Nevada driver’s license
- Capable to pass a background investigation that is thorough
Seasonal Employment Demands – Nevada state parks use many workers that are seasonal. Conditions that should be satisfied for the occupation of Seasonal Park Ranger Tech I contain the following:
- Consumer service abilities that are outstanding
- Great physical state
- One year experience in a zoo, park, museum or interpretive visitor center or
- Okay blend of expertise and instruction
Employed as a seasonal park ranger is one feasible measure at the state or national amount for college students aspiring to get a future full time park ranger profession. Nevada gets the following: four people four-year colleges/universities, two public two-year colleges, four private four-year postsecondary schools, five four-year for profit schools and two for profit two-year colleges. Master’s degree or a Bachelors in a suitable discipline is the most effective path to hastening to some supervisory level and finding an excellent occupation.
Park Ranger Nevada Duties
Obligations and obligations of full time park rangers in Nevada include:
- Coordination of worker training programs that are seasonal
- Oversight of volunteers and seasonal rangers
- Enforcement of park and state laws/regulations
- Training of reports
- Collection and interpretation of park figures
- Help to park visitors
- Coordination of park care
Obligations of seasonal park rangers contain:
- Help train volunteers
- Help visitors needed
- Crisis medical aid
- Custodial responsibilities
- Property review
- Care of park property/facilities
- Park patrols to spot and report infractions
- Set of park fees
- Demonstration of educational programs
Applications for full time park ranger places are just accepted for positions that were open. Year round, nevertheless, applications for seasonal park rangers are taken when there are vacancies and applicants are contacted.
Details in regards to the application form procedure, job descriptions, a record of accessible occupations and on-line applications are located in the DHR web site. Hardcopies may be had by telephoning the employment office at 775 684 0150.
Candidates whose applications are taken is likely to be called for the following:
- An individual interview
- written evaluation
- physical examination
- psychological evaluation
- Foundation investigation
Salary Information for Park Rangers in Nevada
Park Rangers in Nevada take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting the land of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average Park Ranger in the state of Nevada make a median salary between 30,000 and 60,000 per year.